If I were about to spend in excess of £4000 for a new stone floor, I would want to know that it’s easy to keep clean!?!
The good news is, it’s easy…
The answer, you’ll be glad to hear is, its very easy to keep your stone floor clean. As long as you adhere to a few ground rules then your stone floor should stay looking as good as the day it was laid for a long time.
Tips for cleaning stone tiles
1) Cleaning stone tiles, well, first thing is never ever use any house hold detergents on your floor. Even id you run out of natural stone floor cleaner! They will damage the floor.
2) Make sure you DO use a recommended natural stone floor cleaning product. We recommend – LTP cleaning products.
3) Cleaning red wine from stone floor! What do I do? Clean it up quickly! Hahahhaha… assuming your installer sealed it correctly then it will simply wipe off with a damp cloth, good as new.
4) It’s our recommendation that you consider resealing your natural stone floor every three to five years depending on how much traffic it gets.
5) Visit www.extensive.co.uk to buy cleaning and maintenance products and get great advise from the Lithofin team over the phone there too.
6) Top tip: When installing, we always apply a bit extra sealer around the cooker area. This is where fat drips and stains are most likely. Speak to your fitter about doing this for you, or do it yourself a day or so after the install (remember to make sure stone is clean before you apply sealer)